Evangelism is in my blood. My dad was one and I guess the apple did not fall far from the tree. He used slides projectors with a dissolver and preach in an inflatable tent. I use Power Point and videos and speak in an Ice Rink. At the end of the day, both of us are married to the mission not the method.
We just finished a meeting in a 100 member Lifespring Church Plant in Wesley Chapel FL which is a community that is middle class and its growing. The pastor https://twitter.com/wagenersmith and outreach director https://twitter.com/mouthofamule lead a pretty diverse congregation. (age, culture, Christian background)
The meeting can best be described this way:
Eight nights, connecting eight of the most common human problems with eight of our most treasured beliefs. We used a well-known musical guest each night and held in an Ice Rink. You can watch the meetings here: https://vimeo.com/channels/lifespringadventist
What I liked:
- Music was a draw. Several families came for the music, saw the program, stayed for the week. Several of them are connected to the church family now and will start studies.
- The venue. I like churches, but a neutral location works well. Since several other events were going on at the same time, we got employees attending our meeting.
- Community outreach. This is something brand new we tried and I loved the way the church did it. The offering each night went to a local organization that is part of the 5H that exist in every city. (Homelessness, Human Trafficking, Hunger, Health and Help). This did 2 things:
- People always thing we are after their money. This pointed outward not inward.
- Helped people who led these organizations to attend!
- Millennials response. 80% of people who were baptized were Millennials and Z. The crowd was diverse as the church, but the myth that young people are not interested in God or evangelism was just that, a myth. See one baptism here: https://www.facebook.com/lifespringadventist/
- Church response. Close to 100% participation from church members. That is a result of a year of planning and the fact that church planting increases participation. The systems this church has should be examined by every congregation that is serious about church growth. (write the pastor!)
What needed to improve:
- Advertising. Different from other meetings, this one had very few attending because of social media. We got a response of about 1 per 500 on mailers. Here are the stats.
|I seen it||1|
Can’t wait to do it again in Pensacola, Berean, Charlotte and Chattanooga! Any questions or comments please share in comment section or write me.