Lets a play a bible game for a moment. I will present a characteristic of a disciple and you guess which one it is.
1. Joined the disciples when multitudes were following Christ.
2. The Savior’s teaching moved his heart.
3. He witnessed the Savior’s mighty works.
4. He felt in his own person the evidence of Christ’s power.
5. He loved the Great Teacher, and desired to be with Him. (that should be an easy one)
6. He trusted him to do the work of an evangelist. He endowed him with power to heal the sick and to cast out devils.
7. Was highly regarded by the disciples, and had great influence over them.
How did you do? Here are the answers: Judas,Judas,Judas,Judas,Judas,Judas, and Judas. (see DA 716-718)
But Judas did not come to the point of surrendering himself fully to Christ. DA 718
Attending a church can no more make you a christian than wearing a Kobe jersey make you a Laker. My question for today is: Am I fully surrendered? Am I working for God while neglecting the God I work for? Effectivenes in ministry does not mean relationship with God. My goal today: